Revenue Management and Your Hotel in 20/20 – The Complete Picture
Event DetailsPast Event: Friday, May 15, 2015 at 8:00am - 4:45pm Venue: Kovens Conference Center, FIU Biscayne Bay Campus
Presented by Florida International University's Institute for Hospitality and Tourism Education and Research
Join industry and association leaders and your peers for an engaging and interactive conference that has proven to be a “don’t miss” event for revenue optimization leadership at every level. This is FIU’s 3rd Annual Revenue Management Conference and it is already shaping up to be the best ever.
This conference will look through the long lens toward the beginning of the next decade and ask:
- What’s coming our way in terms of Tools, Technology and Talent Development?
- How can we continue to drive profitability with greater time constraints and more competition?
- Where are the opportunities to maximize revenue?
- Will we be able to sustain the high costs of attracting new guests?
- What new guest segments and social media will change the game next, and how?
- Dean Mike Hampton of the Chaplin School of Hospitality & Tourism Management will open the session with his cutting edge assessment of the challenges and opportunities in hospitality today.
- David Atkins will moderate and contribute his broad knowledge of the digital marketing and technology space to the conversation.
- FIU alumnus Chris Crenshaw will reflect on the state of the industry, bringing a global to local perspective to the conversation, and examine the issues and opportunities behind the numbers.
- A panel that includes Fran Brasseux, as the moderator, Chris Crenshaw, David Atkins, Constantino Papadopulos, and Silvia Camarota, will discuss what the state of the industry means for your hotel. A guest panelist with a European/International perspective will join via Skype.
- Andrew Rubinacci will address the alignment and convergence of sales, marketing, and revenue management. His perspective rising through operations to general manager, and then on to corporate roles in revenue management, e-commerce and distribution give him a deep understanding of the challenges faced by hoteliers worldwide.
- Over lunch, Krista McDougal will explore how technology changes everything.
- For the closing keynote, following the breakout sessions, Brian Payea will offer his unique insights into how hoteliers can leverage the vast traveler-generated social media landscape. Reputation management and what’s next are just two of the topics on which Payea is an expert.